Newly Announced Conferences
7th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON LANGUAGE, LITERATURE AND CULTURE (ICLLC)
DECEMBER 14-16, 2018
Humanities scholars all over the world are preoccupied with various ways of understanding language, literature and culture. In addition to their interrelations and interdependence, the new ideas and approaches emerging from various disciplines like literary theory, philosophy, anthropology, linguistics, pragmatics and discourse analysis alongside technological revolution and socio-cultural transformations, have a bearing on our study of language and literature. The conference aims at exploring this dynamics with a focus on the complementary nature of language, literature and culture and their centrality in human life.
This year, we especially encourage papers that examine the intersection of digital technology and the Humanities. What are the new methodologies, theories, and sites of study that are emerging from this intersection? What kind of collaborations between the Humanities and Sciences must we envision for 21st century education and research? Papers that take up these and related issues can be submitted under the Digital Humanities, New Media Studies, and Future of Humanities Studies tracks.
Tracks for Discussion and Presentation
The 7th ICLLC will address a range of important tracks including the following:
1. Language, Literature and Ideology
2. Culture, Communication and Identity
3. Cultural Studies
4. Postcolonial Literature and Theory
5. Diaspora Identities
6. Feminist and Gender studies
7. Language, Gender and power
11. Discourse Analysis
12. Contemporary Literature and Media
13. Science Fiction
14. Digital Humanities
15. New Media Studies
16. Film Studies
17. Future of Humanities Studies
Will be added soon
Submission of Abstracts
Proposals (abstracts) for presentation can be submitted to email@example.com as an attachment. Approval/Acceptance of the proposal will be communicated in 8-10 working days.
Abstracts received till December 01, 2018 will be scheduled in the printed program. Abstracts submitted after 01 December will be adjusted on the site.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
1. Abstracts should be submitted as an attachment to email with 'Submission of Abstract' typed in the subject field
2. The attachment should include abstract in 150 words, name/s of author/s, affiliation of author/s, and email ID/s should be complete and final
3. Use Microsoft Word, Times New Roman, 12 pts
4. Title: less than 15 words, first letter of each word in upper case (capital) and, 12 pts in bold
5. Abstract should be a continuous expository narrative, not a list of points or Powerpoint presentation
6. Avoid using any advanced word features like lines seperating footnotes and titles, background or font color, highlighting and embossing
7. The draft should be thoroughly checked and proofread before submission.
8. Revised versions or re-submissions will not be accepted
Each presenter will be given 10-12 minutes for presentation followed by 3-5 minutes for discussion. All the Conference Halls are equipped with PPT.
Genuine requests for scheduling the presentation on a convenient day are accepted, if communicated before December 01, 2018.
Papers in absentia are welcome.
Publication of Conference Papers
Conference presenters may choose to submit their full papers for publication. All submitted papers will be peer reviewed, and accepted papers will be published in our UGC approved, International Journals, namely Asian Quarterly: An International Journal of Contemporary Issues (ISSN 2229-581X) and Asian Journal of English Studies (ISSN 2227-2606):
1. Full articles received from registered participants by November 20, 2018, will be reviewed and published in the pre-conference issues of these journals.
2. Full articles received after November 20, 2018, will be reviewed and published in the post-conference issues. Participants may submit their papers latest by January 31, 2019.
Authors need to observe the following guidelines for submission of articles for publication;
1. Title of the paper should be followed by, name/s of author/s , affiliation of the author/s , email ID and 100 word abstract
1. Soft copy should be submitted in Microsoft Word format using Times New Roman, 12 pts
2. Title: maximum 15 words, 12 pts, bold, centered with the first letters of keywords in upper case (Capital)
3. Maximum permitted length is 3000 words
4. References: please use MLA style for references
5. Papers should be written as continuous expository narrative - not as lists of points or PowerPoint presentation
6. Please ensure that the article is thoroughly checked and proofread before submission
7. The first submission will be treated as final. Revised or re-submitted papers will not be accepted
8. Please avoid using advanced word features like lines separating footnotes and titles, background or font colors, drawing objects, highlighting, embossing and other complex Word text formatting
The registration process is open.
Participants from outside India are advised to register at least three months in advance so that they get enough time for completing the formalities for getting Indian Visa. These participants are also requested to submit the following details along with registration: Name (Surname, Given Name and Father's Name), date and place of birth, nationality, passport number, date and place of issue, expiry date and registered address. These details will be submitted to the Indian Ministry of External affairs in order to facilitate issuing of visa.
Preferred mode of registration is to email, as an attachment, the completely filled in registration form (given below) and to use the money transfer facility. Our bank information is as follows:
Bank Account Name: Institute of Advanced Studies in English
Bank account Number: 20104462641
Swift Code: MAHBINBBOCP
Bank Name and Branch: Bank of Maharashtra, Aundh Branch, Pune 411007 (India)
IFSC Code: MAHB0000118
Branch Code: 0118
Important: For easy identification of your payment when we receive it, please send a scanned copy of the bank transfer receipt and/or transaction ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send you confirmation as soon as we have received the official receipt from the bank. For international bank transfers it can take a few days for the remittance to be received.
However, in case the above procedure cannot be followed, completely filled in registration form along with a Bank Draft (drawn in favor of Institute of Advanced Studies in English, Pune) for the registration fee may be sent to the following address;
Institute of Advanced Studies in English
Sankalp Park, New D P Road
Aundh, Pune 411007 (India)
Rs. 5000/- for Indian and US $ 200 for International Participants
Rs. 4000/- Indian students and US $ 150 for International students
Special discount of Rs 500/- and $ 30 for Indian and International Participants is offered to returning members who have participated in the earlier ICLLC. Returning members need to communicate their earlier Registration ID (if forgotten, they can email their request for RID)
Registration fee covers the conference kit that includes printed material, scribbling pad and a pen, tea/coffee on the first day and lunch and tea/coffee for the next two days.
Participants who need printed and scanned copies of invitation letter/ confirmation of registration for visa should send registration details to email@example.com with 'Request for Invitation Letter/Confirmation of Registration' typed in the subject field.
7th ICLLC December 14-16, 2018
1. Name of Participant: .....................................................................................
2. Affiliation/Institute: ......................................................................................
3. Address as per Passport: ...............................................................................
4. Contact Details; Cell: .................................. E-mail: ....................................
5. Registration Fee of Rs./ US $ ................. paid by
(a) Demand Draft drawn in favor of Institute of Advanced Studies in English, Pune
No........................ Date ..................... Bank .................................................
(b) transferred to the bank account on ...../...../ 2018 (bank transfer receipt enclosed)
6. Registration ID, in case you are a returning participant: ............
6. Are you making a presentation?: yes/ no
7. Signature ................................... Date : .......................
Please copy, fill-in and email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and send by post along with Demand Draft at the following address;
Institute of advanced Studies in English
Sankalp Park, New D P Road
Aundh, Pune 411007
The conference will be held at the MDC, YASHADA located approximately 500 mtrs from Pune University Main Gate, on Baner Road, Aundh, Pune 411007. MDC is a premier state-of-the-art conference center in central part of Pune city. The auditorium, conference rooms, guest rooms and dining hall are air-conditioned, comfortable and equipped with computers, LCD and sound system.
The organizers will not provide accommodation. There are all types of hotels (budget to seven star) in the city of Pune and the participants are advised to book accommodation at their own descretion and well in advance. Google search will privide you innumerable options. Here are the contact details of some hotels close to the venue:
1. Hotel sahara (1 km from the conference venue)
Senapati Bapat Road, Near Chatushrungi Temple, Pune 411016
Cell: 09822033345; Landline: +91-20-25655405/06
2. Bhairavee Exclusive Residency (2.5 kms from the conference venue)
Varsha Park, Baner Road, Pune 411045
Cell:09850209199; Landline: +91-20-27293999/27293613
3. Hotel Swaroop (3.5 kms from the conference venue, closer to the center of the city)
Prabhat Road, Lane No 10, Pune 411004
Cell: 09422830745; Landline: +91-20-25672662/3/4
4. Hotel Deccan Park (4 kms from the conference venue)
Near British Library, Fergusson College Road, Pune 411004
5. E-Square Hotel (1 km from the Conference Venue)
Level 5, 132/A, University Road, Pune 411016
The tariff of these hotels is moderate and works out cheaper if there are two occupants. All the four hotels are located in good localities and with all the normal facilities. Participants are advised to book at their own discretion. A limited number of beds on sharing basis (in two/three-bed rooms) are available in Gokhale Institute Guest House. We recommend this facility, especially for student participants. The contact details are as follows:
Contact Person:Dr Prabhash N Rath, Officer on Special Duty,Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, BMCC Road, Pune 411004.
The nearest international airport is Mumbai. For onward journey to Pune, one of the most regular and cheap mode of transport is the K K Travels Car/Jeep on sharing basis. These vehicles are available round the clock and take you to wherever you want to reach in Pune. The distance from Mumbai Airport to Pune is 160 kms and it takes three hours to cover it. Booking can be made online (www.kktravels.com) or over phone(+91-20-24224267/24223839; cell: +91-9890779977).
The participants reaching Pune Airport (domestic) can take pre-paid taxi or book an Ola/Uber cab or take a Radio Wings Cab (+91-20-40100100). The participants reaching Pune by Train can get down at Pune Railway Station and take an Auto Rikshaw.
For transport within the city, the participants can book Ola, Uber or Radiowings cabs or take the typical Pune autorikshaw that are parked almost at every corner. Most of the cabs can be booked by using credit/debit cards, auto drivers normally demand cash.
(Will be revised soon)
||Friday, Dec 14, 2018
||Saturday, Dec 15, 2018
||Sunday, Dec 16, 2018
|09.30 am - 11.15 am
||Keynote & Plenary 1
|11.15 am - 11.45 am
|11.45 am - 01.30 pm
||Plenary 2 & Plenary 3
|01.30 pm - 02.15 pm
|02.15 pm - 03.45 pm
|03.45 pm - 04.15 pm
|04.15 pm - 06.00 pm
The detailed and final program will be prepared and emailed to the registerd participants in the first week of December 2018.
For more information or any assistance please send an email to email@example.com or call at +91 8308908349/ +91 20-27297101
The academic fraternity world over is preoccupied with various ways of understanding language, literature and culture. In addition to their interrelations and interdependence, the new ideas and approaches emerging from various disciplines like literary theory, philosophy, anthropology, linguistics, pragmatics and discourse analysis alongside technological revolution and socio-cultural transformations, have a bearing on our perception of language and literature. The conference aims at exploring this dynamics with a focus on the complimentary nature of language, literature and culture and their centrality in human life.
Contemporary approaches to language and literature; author-reader relationship; culture studies; language and literature in the globalizing world and; their role in fostering human understanding and world peace would be the major themes for deliberations. The interactions are expected to promote pragmatic teaching and translational research in the fields of language and literature.
Themes for Discussion and Presentation
- Language, Literature and Ideology
- Literature and Culture in Language Learning and Teaching
- Culture, Communication and Identity
- Intercultural Communication
- Culture Studies
- Literature as Articulation of Culture
- Women Writers and Images of Women
- Representation and Resistance in Post-colonial Literature
- Diaspora Identities
- Literature as Social Discourse
- Literature and Globalization
- Contemporary Approaches to Literature
- Geopolitical Issues in Literature
- Language, Gender and Power
- Language in Literature
- Narrative Texts and Narrative Coherence
- Literary Pragmatics
- Literary Semantics
- Role of literature in Developing Pragmatic Competence
- Discourse Analysis
- Language and Culture
- English Language and Globalization
- Language and Literature for Knowledge and Value in a Globalizing World
- Language and Literature for Human Understanding and World Peace
- Todd Harper, Atlanta, US
- Willie Van Peer, Munich, Germany
- Jasbir Jain, Jaipur, India
- Paroo Nihalani, Singapore
- Srikant Sarangi, Cardiff, UK
- A G Khan, Aurangabad, India
Submission of Abstracts
Abstracts (250 words) related to any of the themes can be submitted between 15 June 2012 and 15 August 2012. Acceptance will be communicated by the end of August 2012. Each paper will be given 15-20 minutes for presentation, followed by discussion for 5-10 minutes. Abstracts may be sent on firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment with ‘Submission of Abstract’ typed in the subject field.
N.B.: The deadline has been extended to 25 September 2012. Acceptance in the second phase will be communicated by September end.
The selected papers will be published in refereed, international journals published at the IASE by FIT (ISSN 2277-2606 and ISSN 2229-581X). A soft copy of the complete paper, conforming to the MLA Style sheet should be e-mailed, immediately after the conference, on email@example.com
The registration process will be open from 15 July 2012 onwards. Registration form can be downloaded from the Institute website www.iasepune.org
Preferred mode of registration is to e-mail, as an attachment, the completely filled in registration form and to use the money transfer facility. The details for money transfer are as follows:
Bank: Bank of Maharashtra
Branch: Aundh, Pune 411007
Beneficiary Name: Forum for Innovation and Transformation
Account Number: 60074646417
IBAN: MAHB INBBOCP
SWIFT Code: MAHB0000118
However, in case the above procedure cannot be followed, completely filled in registration form along with a Bank Draft (drawn on Forum for Innovation and Transformation, Pune) for the Registration fee may be sent at the following address:
Forum for Innovation and Transformation
10, Usha Manor, Ganeshkhind Road
Aundh, Pune 411007. INDIA
- Rs. 5000/- for Indian and $150 for international participants registering on or before 20 November 2012
- Rs. 6000/- for Indian and $180 for international participants registering from 20 November 2012 to 10 December 2012.
Registration fee covers the conference kit that includes printed material, scribbling pad and a pen, tea on the first day and breakfast, lunch (veg/non-veg) & tea for the next two days.
The participants who need Official Letter of Confirmation of Participation for visa should send the registration details on firstname.lastname@example.org with
‘Request for Official Letter of Confirmation of Participation’ typed in the subject field.
The conference will be held at the MDC, YASHADA, located approximately 500 mtrs from Pune University Gate on Baner Road, Aundh, Pune 411007. MDC is a premier state-of-the-art conference center in central part of Pune city. The auditorium, conference rooms (for parallel sessions), guest rooms and dining hall are air-conditioned, comfortable and equipped with LCD and sound system.
The organizers will not provide accommodation. However, the details of assistance that we can provide are as follows:
As a part of special package, the following types of accommodation can be provided through the organizers.
A. Hotel Aundh Retreat: Parihar Chowk, Aundh, Pune 411007; 2.5 kms from the conference venue; 100 meters from bus stop(direct bus to venue - four stops); 10 kms from Pune Railway Station; 13 kms from Pune Airport
Single occupancy - Rs. 2500/- per haed, per day
Double Occupancy-Rs. 1400/- per head, per day
Triple Occupancy - Rs. 1000/- per head, per day
B. Hotel Sahara: Senapati Bapat Road, Opposite Chatushrungi Temple, Pune 411007; 1.25 kms from conference venue; 400 meters from bus stop ( walking distance or direct bus to venue - one stop); 6 kms from Pune Railway Station; 12 kms from Pune Airport
Single Occupancy - Rs. 2400/- per head, per day
Double Occupancy-Rs. 1300/- per head, per day
Triple Occupancy - Rs. 900/- per head, per day
Facilities in A & B: All rooms are airconditioned and equipped with TV, telephone(STD/ISD on payment), common wardrobe, laundry services, round the clock room service, doctor on call, travel assistance, Wi-Fi on payment, hot/cold water and attached bath. Check in / out time 12 noon.
Booking Procedure: Participants to confirm the availability of accommodation by sending an e-mail to the organizers, mentioning the type of room and dates of stay. After confirmation, payment to be made using the same procedure that was used for registration. Accommodation will be confirmed after reciving the payment. The payment will be non-refundable.
The nearest International Airport is Mumbai. For onward journey to Pune, one of the most regular and cheap mode of transport is the K K Travels Car / Jeep on sharing basis. These vehicles will take you to the conference venue or to the accommodation / hotel wherever you plan to stay in Pune. The distance from Mumbai Airport to Pune is 170 kms, and it takes three and a half hours to reach. Booking can be done online through the website of KK Travels or over phone, either in advance or on arrival.
The participants reaching Pune Airport (domestic) can take pre-paid taxi or a Radio Wings Cab. The participants reaching Pune by Train can get down at Shivajinagar or Pune Railway Station and take an Auto Rickshaw to reach the venue.
In case of any assistance, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 020-20250915/08308908349
IASE: Institute of Advanced Studies in English is a unique self-financed Research Institute in English in India. Affiliated to and recognized by the University of Pune, it mainly conducts teaching and research for M.A, M.Phil. and Ph.D. Courses in English. The Institute also organizes several autonomous courses and training programs. Apart from teaching, research and extension activities, the Institute is regularly engaged in publications. Two refereed, international journals, Asian Quarterly: An International Journal of Contemporary Issues and Asian Journal of English Studies are published quarterly. Monographs and books based on the outcome of research at the Institute are published regularly. Presently 200 students are pursuing their research or post-graduate education at the Institute. The 800 alumni, of which there are 85 Ph. Ds and 84 M. Phils, represent more than 20 countries and almost all the Indian States.
FIT: Forum for Innovation and Transformation is a registered charitable Trust founded by senior academicians from Maharashtra. The focus of the trust is on educational activities and innovative programs. The mission is ‘to equip students, teachers and the wider community with the knowledge, attitude and skills for living and working successfully in an environment of rapid social and technological change for successful and happy living.
We organized two international conferences earlier, one on ‘the Non-Native Phenomena of English’ and the other on ‘Pragmatics’. These conferences were great successes and the participants represented 17 and 23 countries, respectively. The reports are available on our website www.iasepune.org/conferences.